Germany is Italy’s biggest trade partner, taking the number one spot for visible exports to the country, followed by France, China and the Netherlands. The traditionally strong links and extensive economic integration between the two countries means that advice on German-Italian legal matters is much in demand.
With a specialised team, tried and trusted networks in Italy and an office in Bologna, Schultze & Braun is ready to advise on a wide range of issues. Our lawyers have significant international experience, enabling them to develop effective solutions and provide legal advice on every aspect of cross-border trade with Italy – in German or Italian. Lawyers with dual registration in both Germany and Italy are available to represent clients in Italy – including on all matters of commercial law outside of restructuring.
Italian desk – Areas of focus:
Schultze & Braun advises German shareholders and directors of distressed Italian companies. We focus in particular on the various proceedings aimed at enabling companies to overcome financial distress provided for in Italian insolvency law: the piano attestato di risanamento (certified restructuring plan), the accordo di ristrutturazione dei debiti (debt restructuring agreement) and concordato preventivo (composition proceedings).
Schultze & Braun represents the interests of banks and creditors in insolvency proceedings involving Italian companies. We assert insolvency claims and rights to segregation and separate satisfaction. One of our focus areas here is the insolvency of supplier companies.
Foreign equity holdings
We advise insolvency administrators and supervisors on insolvency debtors’ Italian holdings.
Our experts can also advise on the following aspects of German-Italian commercial law:
- Advice to companies on opening branches or establishing subsidiaries in Italy
- Establishment and acquisition of companies in Italy, including legal due diligence
- Mergers, demergers, transformations and liquidations
- Compliance (Law 231/01)
- Accounting, tax consulting and advice on employment law (including payroll accounting) via German-speaking cooperation partners
- Agency agreements, general terms and conditions and contracts, loan agreements in relation to the purchase or sale of property in Italy
- Representation before all Italian courts and arbitral tribunals for clients bringing or defending claims, particularly warranty and avoidance claims
Contacts cross-border - Italy
+39 051 225166